SOFO has been named Non-Profit of 2018 by the Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce.
Sofo is a local non-profit business association that seeks to represent businesses from all along the Forest Drive corridor which includes Wards 3-8. SoFo businesses include minority and women-owned businesses and a diverse representation of the economy. As you’ll see in the attached and below, the group was recently honored by the Anne Arundel County Chamber by its selection of SoFo as their non-profit of the year. SoFo won over other finalists CRAB (Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating) and Chesapeake Bay Trust, while over 20 entities had been nominated.
Over the past year, SoFo has:
1. Cleaned up the Annapolis Middle School front fence area by removing the barbed wire atop the fence and tons of fallen leaves in addition to painting the fence, while SoFo continues to work on its long-term plan of hanging children’s artwork along the fence;
2. Cleaned up and planted beautiful wildflowers in the triangle area between Forest Drive, Bay Ridge Road, and Bay Ridge Avenue;
3. Hosted 4 free movie nights for area residents;
4. Participated in planning sessions for the City’s Forest Drive and Eastport Sector Study;
5. Brought together businesses from all along the Forest Drive corridor while expanding up Forest Drive towards Parole;
6. Continued its annual SoFo HoHo event whereby SoFo members hold a toy drive resulting in over 200 gifts that SoFo wrapped and distributed to Georgetown East, Tyler Heights, and Hillsmere Elementary Schools, while also offering a free opportunity to pose with Santa to area families; and
7. Expanded its social media presence to promote local events, non-profits, and area businesses.
Officers and board members:
Jennifer Balducci, SoFo President and owner of One. Physical Therapy, Fitness and Wellness
Andrew Parks, SoFo Vice President and owner of Sam’s On the Waterfront
Lorie Stout, SoFo Treasurer and owner of Stoutgear
Dovie Metzger, SoFo Secretary and State Farm Agent
David Marberger, SoFo Board Member and owner of Bay Ridge Wine and Spirits
Jared Littmann, SoFo Board Member and owner of K&B True Value
Membership continues to grow every year and remains very affordable to its members. Jennifer and Lorie, in particular, deserve credit for expanding the activities, geography, membership, and philanthropy of the organization.